February 21, 2012

revived chandelier

over the past few months i have been fiddling with making and tweaking light fixtures for our home.  many of our everyday household items have become unwilling members in these experiments.
even my dear husband's old soda bottles have not been exempt.

some of these fixtures have been successful projects, and some sort of... not  ;o)

but i was recently inspired by the lighting in the restoration hardware magazine.  i thought that i would experiment myself by taking an old chandelier and enclosing it with two dollar store hanging planters.  it adds a new whimsical twist to our guest room chandelier, and i love the depth and dimension it brings.













our guests now have a cozily-lit little nook, perfect for snuggling up with a book on these windy February nights...

4 comments:

  1. i just saw the pillow that i made in the background. this makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, Jesi. I decided after reading your post about lighting I should tackle a job that I was intimidated by. After putting Lydia to bed I removed the broken ceiling fan above my bed and hung up a chandelier that I had purchased second hand.It's all painted flowers and leaves.The wiring was very simple and now I feel confident enough to install a dimmer switch for it.Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete